Monday, January 29, 2007

Adriano Celentano

#2

Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~ Anais Nin



Adriano Celentano
From Wikipedia
Adriano Celentano (born January 6, 1938) is an Italian singer, songwriter, comedian, actor, and TV host. He was born in Milan at 14 Gluck Street (about which he later wrote the song "Il ragazzo della via Gluck"), his parents were from Puglia and had moved north for work. Adriano is known for making Raggedy swoon.

Il ragazzo della via Gluck-Live Berlin 1994



Adriano is heavily influenced by his idol, Elvis Presley, and the 1950s rock revolution. For the last 40 years he has retained his popularity in Italy, selling millions of records and appearing in numerous TV shows and movies.



L’emozione non ha voce
(Emotion does not have voice)





Posting the entire lyrics and translation would make the post to long.
I am posting the first stance and chorus in Italian.

Io non so parlar d'amore
l'emozione non ha voce
E mi manca un po il respiro
se ci sei c'e troppa luce

Coro:
Tra le mie braccia dormirai
serena mente
ed e importante questo sai
per sentirci pienamente noi
pienamente noi uhu uhu

I am posting the best translation to English for the first stance and chorus in English.

I do not know how to speak of love
the emotion does not have voice
And a breath lacks me (Love takes my breath away)
We are there and too much light (Love is bright and fills the heart)

Chorus:
Between my arms you will sleep
serene mind (peaceful mind)
and important this you know
in order to feel totally to us (feeling two people to become as one)
Totally we uhu uhu (totally us)


Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

First time to hear him or hear of him. Good singer tho. Thanks for the lesson.

January 29, 2007 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love good music and Andrea Bocelli is one of my favorites, especially when I just want to sit and relax. I'll have to check out this guy now.

Hope all is going well for you, Raggedy!

(HUGS)

January 29, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Music is what makes the soul dance and puts that smile on your face.

Have a nice day Cool one

January 29, 2007 7:05 PM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

I've got a couple of Andrea Bocelli's CDs and am partial to his lovely voice.

January 29, 2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I had a nice long comment here and Blogger ate it.:

Music is very important to me and is one of the things
that gets me to smile. Thanks for introducing me to
some music I was not familiar with.

I got your e-mail but am away from home and have little time
here...Just wanted to say thanks and I will respond when I get
back home. You are the Cool One and very special so I wanted to
make certain I stopped in and also let you know---I'll be responding
to your e-mail soon.

January 29, 2007 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something about good music that just shivers me to the bone.

January 30, 2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great music Raggedy!! He is good! Thanks!

January 30, 2007 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I never heard of the guy.

January 31, 2007 2:05 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Raggedy ~~ Nice to hear his music. I have heard of him, but never heard him sing before. Really nice, Raggedy.

Thank you for your visit and nice words about Sherrill's visit. She will get another mention in my next post.
Take care, dear friend, Love, erle.

January 31, 2007 4:38 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Raggedy
Never heard of him before now. but watched the video he has a nice voice. thank you for your visit to my backyard, pleased you liked it and your nice comment.The garden keeps me active, and claytons on the mend.((((HUGS))))

January 31, 2007 5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of him either! You are such a cutie! You make me smile.

January 31, 2007 7:38 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I too was influenced by ELVIS... but now I am at the age where I may need hip surgery! te he! ~ jb///

January 31, 2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I love music. It makes me happy, makes me dance, makes me cry, makes me think.

The only two things that even come close are my kids and love.

January 31, 2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Bravo! Non avevo sentito parlare prima questo cantante. Grazie ed abbia un giorno meraviglioso.

-cubo

January 31, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Amo il Cubo nome!
La musica del Adriano è maginficent.
Grazie per il commento italiano.
Abbia un giorno meraviglioso!
~Raggedyiano

January 31, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope he doesn't thrust his hips like Elvis when he sings. :)

Beautiful music.

January 31, 2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said...

pretty cool, oh cool one.
have a nice day

January 31, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Looking for Friday Feast, I saw the title : Adriano Celetano. Now you have to know that besides him my husband doesn't want to know any other singer, because he was (in his youth, and still is) a big fan of Celentano. The whole family makes jokes about that and our son always looks if he can find a record. Just now I turned your video on and he came over running, from the last corner in this house, to see what I had been doing ! and now I have to send this on his computer ! Think of me when I have to hear the music the whole day ! I will move out !

February 02, 2007 1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well........ smiling here. I just read all of your sweet comments. I must tell you I'm the one who sent that music to Raggedy a few months ago in a frenzy to share my life
and my tastes in various aspects of it, with her. I am simply gobsmacked at the amount of people it has touched and extremely proud and happy :)
Now, in the words of a great British film editor who won a BAFTA this week (British Film Awards): May any which God you worship , bless you all :)
HerPoshness

February 13, 2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Greengaia said...

Isn't he just fabulous! I don't even recall how I stumbled upon him, but can't get too much Adriano! (I even watched the movie Yuppi Du in Italian, and I don't understand a word of it!)

April 19, 2014 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright © 2006- 2022 It’s a Raggedy Life. All rights reserved.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. It's a Raggedy Life