Wednesday, August 23, 2006

John Markey

John Markey

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days scrunch themselves into one. I would love to only write about my mother because this post is long enough already, but, there is another person I am also thinking about today. It would have been his 56th Birthday today.



“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart” Eleanor Roosevelt


I used to call him a little leprechaun. He didn’t just leave a foot print. His footprint is stomped in my heart.

Dear John,
Your 54th was the last birthday we celebrated together.
When you would have turned 55, I broke down and cried.
(At 55 you would have been able to retire from work)
Today you would have been 56.
It is still hard my friend…
It is the second August 23rd that I didn’t give you a bottle of CR.

It is the second August 23rd we did not lift our glasses to clink in another birthday year.


I miss you!

One of our many remembered conversation:
(From one vertically challenged person to another)
Me: So where are we going today?
Him: North.
Me: Cya there
Him: I will be the one out front swinging my legs from the curb…

Psssst~ I hope some of these are in heaven.

Don't worry I did not show the picture of you and her together....
I remember your smile and your laugh babe!
We really had a blast together...
Thanks for the memories....

Copyright © 2006- 2022 It’s a Raggedy Life. All rights reserved.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License. It's a Raggedy Life